Logitech is one of the most well-known manufacturers of computer peripherals all across the world. The Logitech K360 is not functioning properly. They provide a selection of items that have won a range of accolades, such as wireless mouse and keyboards in addition to other computer components.
The Logitech Wireless Keyboard and Mouse is my top pick among all of the different items that Logitech offers. I’ve experimented with a number of different types of Logitech Wireless keyboards, and in this post I’ll discuss a number of different solutions to the issue of the Logitech Keyboard not functioning properly.
This article is applicable to all wireless keyboards manufactured by Logitech; hence, if you are using a Logitech K360, K470, K800, or Logitech K270 keyboard or any other keyboard you will be able to use this tutorial to fix the problem. It is possible that the Logitech keyboard is malfunctioning due to one of a number of different factors. In this article, I will discuss each of these factors and provide a solution that you may use to fix the problem.
The problem with the Logitech keyboard not functioning properly may manifest in a variety of different ways. For example, the keyboard may not register the keys of some or all of the keys at all, or the connection between the keyboard and the computer may be lost regularly.
Possible Causes of the Failure of the Logitech K360 to Function
It was obvious that following the Windows update, there were a lot of problems with the Logitech keyboards not registering specific keys or failing to respond in any way. These problems occurred after the update. There are many approaches that may be taken to address this matter; however, before you start implementing any of them, it is imperative that you read the following guidelines:
- Check to be that the wireless device is correctly linked to your computer by utilizing the appropriate port on your machine.
- It is essential to ensure that the batteries contained within the wireless keyboard are not broken and are in good functioning order at all times.
- It is not recommended that the USB central hub be connected to the USB connection device in question. It needs to have a direct connection with the personal computer.
- In the vicinity of your computer, you shouldn’t experience any interference from radio frequencies or any other radio frequencies.
The fundamentals of solving Logitech K360 problem technical issues
First, before we go into the remedies for fixing the issue with the Logitech keyboard, we will perform some fundamental diagnostic actions that, if successful, will resolve the issue without requiring the use of the solutions that I have outlined in this article.
One of the most well-known and widely used manufacturers of wireless keyboards is Logitech. They offer a selection of models to accommodate the preferences of a large number of customers. They are distinct from one another in terms of the technology, functions, and sizes involved.
On the other hand, if you’re using a Logitech Wireless Keyboard, you’ll see that they both connect to your computer by Bluetooth and Logitech Unifying Wireless Technology. This is one thing that all of these keyboards have in common.
If you have ever used a Logitech wireless keyboard, it is likely that you have connected it to your computer using the unified wireless technology of Bluetooth. Additionally, while you were connecting it to the computer, it is likely that you noticed that the keyboard comes with an option to reset. If you have ever used a Logitech wireless keyboard, it is likely that you have connected it to your computer using Bluetooth.
In addition, the receiver that connects to the computer in order to connect the keyboard to the computer has the same reset button that may be used to perform basic troubleshooting when there is a problem.
- To release it, you need to press the reset button located at the top of the keyboard for an extended period of time. It is necessary to repeat the process with the receiver that connects to the USB port on the laptop.
- After you have finished resetting both of the devices, restart your computer to check and see whether the problem with the Logitech keyboard has been fixed. In the event that this is not the case, proceed to the next stages!
- This is the most effective solution to the issue of the Logitech Wireless keyboard not functioning properly. This solution is applicable to the Logitech K270, the Logitech mk710, the Logitech mk850, the Logitech K360, the Logitech mk320, the Logitech K520, and any other Logitech wireless keyboard.
Fix Logitech Wireless Keyboard K360 Not Working
If the keyboard on your K360 is not functioning properly, the issue is most likely a broken connection. It’s possible that the connection between the keyboard and the Unifying receiver will break for a number of different causes, including the following:
- Low levels of the battery
- Switching the receiver between different USB ports on the computer Switching the receiver to a different device
- Connecting the receiver to a USB hub or any other device that is not supported, such as a KVM switch, will not work (NOTE: Your receiver must be plugged directly into your computer)
- Utilization of your wireless keyboard on metallic surfaces
- interference on radio frequencies (RF) from other sources, including the following:
– Speakers without wires
– Power supply units for computers
– Cell phones
– Garage door openers
Before you attach your keyboard, make sure you:
- Find solutions to or eliminate all of the probable issues outlined above.
- Put in some fresh batteries.
- Verify that the keyboard is active and turned on.
- Connect the receiver in a safe manner to a USB port that is operational on your computer.
- Activate your own PC.
Reattaching the keyboard to your computer
1. Navigate to the K360 Downloads Page and locate the appropriate file to download for your Logitech SetPoint Mouse and Keyboard Software.
2. Begin the process of starting the Logitech Unifying Software:
Start > Programs > Logitech > Unifying > Logitech Unifying Software is where you’ll find it in Windows.
3. At the bottom of the Welcome screen, select the Next button.
4. Switch off your keyboard and then turn it back on by following the directions that appear on the screen.
5. When your keyboard is recognized, select Yes in the testing box to confirm that you can type on it, and then click the Next button. If this is not the case, continue with step 4.
6. To close the Logitech Unifying Software, select the Finish button. Your keyboard ought to be connected at this point.
Solution for Keyboard frequently stops working
Try some of these solutions if your keyboard frequently stops working and you have to keep reconnecting it with the Unifying receiver:
- Maintain a distance of at least 8 inches (20 cm) between the USB receiver and any other electrical devices.
- Adjust the position of the keyboard so that it is closer to the USB receiver.
- Change the USB port that the receiver is connected to on your computer.
When the Keyboard isn’t working properly, troubleshooting steps to take
In the event that any of the aforementioned suggestions is accurate, you will need to test the functionality of the keyboard on a different laptop or desktop computer. laptop. If the keyboard works well on another computer, it may indicate that there is a software problem on your device or that the ports are not functioning properly. If this is the case, try using the keyboard on another computer.
If the problem persists on a different computer, it’s possible that the malfunction is with the device in question rather than the keyboard itself. Have another look at the advice that was given earlier. Check to see whether there is a difference after connecting the keyboard into and out of the USB dongle receiver, and try connecting it both ways.
Remove Logitech Software
The Logitech software, which is commonly included with Logitech products, can serve as a conduit for communication between software and hardware. It gives you the ability to bind keys, regulate lighting, establish macros, update firmware, and set macros. It can also help you connect the devices. It’s conceivable that the software on your computer isn’t operating as smoothly as you would expect it to, which is producing problems with the device and the hardware it uses. If it doesn’t work, you may always try to reinstall the software.
- Make use of the Windows key plus R. In the text box that appears, type “appwiz. cpl,” and then press the “Enter” button.
- You will get a list of all of the programs that have been operating on your computer recently. To launch the Logitech software, “Right-click” the mouse button, then select “Uninstall” from the context menu.
- After the program has been removed, you will need to restart your computer and then remove either the keyboard or the receiver from your device.
- After the computer has been turned back on, the software should be reinstalled after the device has been reconnected to the computer. Verify that the problem has been fixed.
Taking Measures to Remove or Disable Third-Party Antivirus Software
All antivirus software performs a continual monitoring of the actions taking place on your computer, which includes the monitoring of any external devices that are connected to your computer. In addition, there are situations in which the antivirus software is incompatible with the Logitech software, which makes it impossible to pair the devices. In order to accommodate the largest number of brands possible, we have made available the means by which the program can be disabled. Comcast Constant Guard was identified as the antivirus that was responsible for the incident once it was investigated. However, you are required to delete your antivirus software regardless of the brand.
After you have finished turning off your antivirus software You should then try to see if there has been any change after restarting your computer. If this is not the case, then you are free to activate the antivirus program again.
Putting the HID Human Interface Service back online
HID Access to the general public’s input can be granted via Human Interface Devices thanks to the Human Interface Service (HID). It makes the predefined keys that you can use on your mouse, keyboard, remote controllers, and other devices active and saves their state. Anything that requires the participation of humans This piece of software is in charge of exercising control over it. This software was developed with the express purpose of fixing problems with the Hotkeys found on Logitech keyboards. These Hotkeys control things like the volume up and down, the next track, and other similar functions. You could try restarting it to see if it helps fix the problem.
- Utilize the Windows key and the R key, then type “services.msc” into the dialogue window and click Enter.
- Once you have entered services, navigate through the list until you find “Human Interface Device Access.” Select “Properties” from the menu that appears after you right-click on it. The service might be referred to as the “Human Interface Device Service” if it were to be labeled.
- Make sure that “Automatic” is selected as the kind of startup and that the service is turned on. After you have restarted your software, plug in the device again and see what results it produces.
Disabling Filter Keys
Accessibility features built into Windows provide users with a variety of tools that make using their computers easier. The “Filter Keys” function is an example of one of these functions. If your keyboard has a habit of responding slowly or if you frequently have to press and hold individual keys for an extended period of time, then this feature is exactly what you need to fix the problem.
- Make use of the Windows key plus R. Open the application after typing “easy of access” into the dialogue box that appears.
- You have the option to pick ” Make the keyboard easier to use ” when you are in the ease of access section.
- Remove the checkmark from the box labeled “Turn on Filter Keys.” After applying the modifications, you can then close the window.
- Verify that the problem has been resolved.
Bringing the Keyboard Drivers Up to Date
You can attempt to install the default drivers that came with your keyboard by first uninstalling these drivers from your device manager, and then restarting your computer after the reboot. This will allow you to install the drivers automatically. If you restart your computer, the operating system will identify the hardware that has been connected, and because there aren’t any drivers installed for your device, it will install the standard drivers instead. When you are having issues with the drivers being installed, this could be the solution to the problem.
- To open the Device Manager, press the Windows key plus R, then type “devmgmt. msc” in the dialogue box and push Enter.
- Include the newly created category for keyboards. After that, you may right-click on the gadget and select ” Uninstall device” from the menu that appears.
- After that, Windows will ask users to validate their actions before beginning the process of uninstalling the program or application. To proceed, select the “Uninstall” option.
- Your computer needs to be restarted, and then you can connect the device (mouse/keyboard). After that, Windows should be able to recognize the device and should attempt to install the necessary drivers.
- If it isn’t working, check the device manager; in that case, the device will most likely be displayed with a question mark or an exclamation point in front of it. This indicates that the driver for the device was not installed in the correct manner.
- It may be updated by right-clicking on it and selecting “Update driver.” After that, click the option that says “Search for drivers automatically.” Ensure that you are connected to the internet and that the connection is active. After installing the drivers, your device should begin operating in the expected fashion and you should be good to go.
- Go to the official Logitech website and download the driver that is designed exclusively for your device if it is still having trouble installing the required drivers. Continue with the same update procedure that we used before, but this time select ” Search for drivers manually ” and then navigate to the directory where you saved your downloaded driver.