When using the Internet, you can save or save websites as Favorites to make it simpler to return to them. You can import your Favorites from a previous backup or find your Favorites folder in Windows Explorer to restore your bookmarked favorite sites, whether you’re migrating to a new computer or you unintentionally deleted information on your existing one. You can retrieve your favorites through the Time Machine program on Macs.
You’ll probably have a few websites you frequent frequently when you peruse the Internet. While you could manually write the URL each time, it is more practical to use a Favorites or Bookmarks toolbar.
Additionally, by adding your favorite websites to your toolbar, you can access them even if you forget their names and addresses in the future. What transpires, however, if your Favorites toolbar vanishes? Relax; the fix is typically simple (though not always obvious).
It is significant to remember that the repair is dependent on the browser you are using. Each of these Web browsers has a unique favorites toolbar and methods for displaying, hiding, and retrieving it; these procedures may differ significantly between browser versions. To find out how to get your Favorites toolbar back, find your browser in the list below.
Favorite PC Restoration
- Step 1: Launch Internet Explorer and choose the “Favorites” tab by clicking the “Favorites” star symbol. Click “Import and Export” after clicking the arrow next to “Add to Favorites.”
- Step 2: Select “Import from a file”,
- Select “Next.” Specify your Favorites,
- Click “Next.”
- Select the “Bookmarks.htm” file by navigating to your “Documents” folder.
- Step 3: To complete the restoration, select the “Import” option and then “Finish.”
PC Recycle Bin Recovery
- Step 1: Double-click the “Recycle Bin” icon located on your desktop.
- Step 2: To highlight the favorites that were erased from the list, click them. To edit, right-click the highlighted region.
- Step 3: To add the deleted favorites back to Internet Explorer, select “Restore” from the context menu.
Favorite Mac Restoration
- Step 1: Connect an external hard drive to the USB connection on your computer.
- Step 2: Double-click the “Time Machine” icon in the “Applications” folder in the Finder.
- Step 3: In the Time Machine window, find your “Bookmarks” folder and click it once to highlight it. To restore your favorites, click the “Restore” button in the lower-right corner.