Many people use their laptop keyboards to play games, work, and even do online shopping. Students now also take online classes on their laptops. Now more than ever, laptop keyboards are being used to their fullest. Because of this, dirt and spills are more likely to get into the keys on your laptop. Dirt, dust, food, hair, and bugs can all damage your laptop. And it makes the keys on your laptop keyboard stop working or stop working at all.
Cleaning a pc/laptop keyboard is as much about keeping yourself clean as it is about making sure it works well. A dirty keyboard could break and stop you from doing your work, or it could make you sick. You should do yourself a favor and clean yours often.
The only way to get rid of this junk is to learn how to remove laptop keyboard keys. It’s not a good idea to pay professionals a lot of money to take away laptop keyboard keys. We will talk about how to safely take out keyboard keys. You’ll be glad to hear that you don’t need to hire a professional.
Laptop Keyboard Keys
A laptop keyboard is a necessary and important part. It works like an electric typewriter, but it has keys instead of buttons. These are the keys on the keyboard that you use to tell your laptop what to do. The keys on a laptop keyboard can be used for more than just typing.
On the keys of a laptop keyboard, there is a set of special characters, numbers, and letters. When you press a key on a laptop keyboard, you get a single printed sign. You might be able to see it on your laptop. But some keys on a laptop keyboard are set to do certain things. When you press a lot of keys at the same time, the laptop can run system commands.
Why should you remove laptop keys?
Remove your laptop’s keys every so often to make sure they are clean and free of anything else. This junk could affect how well your laptop’s keyboard keys work. Also, you can clean the circuit board of your laptop by taking the keys off the keyboard. And clean the switches under the keyboard. Cleaning your laptop’s keyboard keys makes sure that it keeps working at its best. At the same time as making the device last longer.
Step by step remove laptop keyboard keys
- You will need a knife or a small flathead screwdriver to get the key off the laptop keyboard.
- Take a picture of the keys on your laptop’s keyboard so you can remember where they are.
- Turn off your laptop and make sure you’re working somewhere with good lighting.
- Put your nail carefully on the keys to clean them. Also, the end of a screwdriver with a flat head. Or, put a knife under the edge of any letter or number and slowly lift it up to remove the keycap from your laptop keyboard.
- To save time, start taking your laptop keys off from the left to the right.
- You should take out the letter and number keys on your laptop because they are the easiest to pull out.
- Still, some of the keys on your laptop keyboard are hard to pull out when you try. You can fix this with your finger or a small wedge.
- To lose your keyboard keys. Put all the keycaps in a dish or some other container. So, they can’t be lost.
- Be careful when you take the bigger keys off the keyboard of your laptop. Like the Caps Lock, Shift, Space Bar, Backspace, Enter, and Forward Slash keys. Because they are attached to a small metal pin.
- As soon as you take off all the keycaps on your laptop keyboard, you’ll be able to see how dirty it is. You can now start to clean.
- When you clean the keys on your laptop. Use the picture to put the keys back where they belong.
How to Remove Mac Keyboard Keys
- To take the keys off your Mac’s keyboard, you’ll need a wide, thin, and strong tool.
- Remove all the keyboard connections from your Mac and turn it off.
- You can use a guitar pick, a credit card, a plastic spudger, or a plastic butter knife to clean the Mac keyboard keys. Just push the tip of the tool out of the hole.
- Pull the keyboard key out of the lock carefully. You can do this by moving your tool back and forth slowly. If you hear a click, a key on the keyboard has come loose.
- Turn the key up and pull it up so that it faces you. This way, you’ll be able to see if the hooks on the keys are still attached.
- When you take out the bigger keys, be extra careful because they have a stabilizing bar inside.